The systems described below are the basic services our consulting engineers provide for the design and permitting phase of projects.
Structured Cabling System
- Design and document the structured cabling system within building, including fiber and copper backbone/horizontal cabling to support all low-voltage/technology systems and medical equipment devices. System will be designed with a robust cabling backbone infrastructure to support future technologies the hospital may implement.
- Design and document the nurse call and code blue system within the building, including staff station, duty station, master station, and potential integration with phone system and medical equipment alarms.
- Design and document the Intelligent Electronic Security System (IESS) within the building. This includes the design and integration of the access control, video surveillance and possible infant protection system.
- Design and document the cable/satellite TV distribution system.
- Design and document the overhead paging systems.
- Design and document the 802.11 wireless network.
Distributed Antenna Systems
- Specify and document the Distributed Antenna System to provide fire/life/safety signals throughout the new project as well as to enhance cell coverage within the project for wireless phone providers.
Patient Hospitality System
- Design and document a patient hospitality system, capable of providing on-demand patient education, entertainment, internet access, television, daily schedules.
- Design and document the intercom systems.
- Design and document audio/visual systems within conference rooms as well as interface the audio/visual system with vendor supplied Digital Operating Room systems. Tracking: Specify and document locator/tracking system for assets, patients, and staff (IR/RFID/802.11).
- Design and document a Master Clock and Elapsed Time Clock systems.
- Specify and document network connections to the building systems, in coordination with MEP engineer, to create an integrated building automation/management system.